Wednesday, November 07, 2007

King Corn Challenge!

So far on my blog, I haven't gone into details about our food allergies. (My family lives far away, and I don't want them to worry.)
We seem to have gotten a handle on the culinary aspect of our lives, so I'm going to start blogging about it...a little. Conveniently, I have something great to report today. The guys who made "King Corn" have presented a challenge to avoid corn for the month of November. We have been doing this since August with great success! Finally, my oldest son's allergy symptoms have receded, almost disappeared. They probably would disappear if it were actually possible to avoid all corn! Anyway, it hasn't been easy, so I'm glad to see public recognition of the difficulty in avoiding corn.

Click on the "King Corn Challenge" link for more information!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger MLO said...

Are you familiar with Delphi's Avoiding Corn forum? If you do a search on Google it comes right up.

Pax,

MLO

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger mom2geese said...

Thanks, MLO. The Avoiding Corn forum has been so helpful to us since we found it in August! We have learned so much from you guys who have been doing this awhile. The forum has been a great support and encouragement. We'll be posting more questions there soon.

mom2geese

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger iMollie said...

Oh good grief are you SERIOUS? why would you wash collard greens in citric acid?
I am so glad you made this discovery...I am learning so much from yall. One more down, right?

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger mom2geese said...

Turns out the collard greens are only washed in chlorine. I seem to be able to wash that off. This is good news! Except, now I have to track down the real culprit. After a succession of reactions to supposedly corn-free, but corn-fed, animals this weekend, we might have another clue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home