Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

I spent this morning herding geese for a Mother's day picture of Blake and Will together. Blake refused to sit on the couch next to Will! I tried to compromise by asking them to sit on the floor together...more like "together". I'm sure you can imagine Blake leaning away from Will. But they were close enough for me to be pleased and for me NOT to ask them to do that again anytime soon!

On another note, Blake remains the one in the family who understands Will the best. He frequently tells us what Will wants when he starts to fuss or cry. Yesterday's situation was touching. Will was crying in the car and none of us really knew why. Blake ventured a guess: maybe Will wants to hear "Kimberly's mix". Tom had been blasting his cousin's band's CD. (They are the Mad Dukes if anyone wants to check them out on line--they are great!) Our friend Kimberly sent us a more mellow mix that we all love, too. We put Kimberly's CD in and immediately Will started talking, cooing, and went to sleep.

I am slowly learning what it means to be brothers. You think I would know, having 4 of my own, but, now, I have a rare and beautiful point of view of two brothers...that of a mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home